The Practitioner’s Class ~ November 2022 ~ Online
November 21, 2022
Virtual Event via Zoom
We will be hosting this 8-week online Positive Discipline training on Monday evenings, beginning November 21st.
The Practitioner’s Class is based on the book, Positive Discipline in the Montessori Classroom, by Jane Nelsen and Chip DeLorenzo. The class is designed to help participants learn how to implement respectful, effective, and time-tested methods of classroom management that reflect our deepest values as Montessori educators: mutual respect, cooperation, responsibility, empathy, and independence.
During this experiential training, new and veteran educators and administrators will learn how to:
- Create a classroom community and social/emotional environment that will reduce misbehavior and foster normalization;
- Develop clear and consistent practices amongst the adults in their classrooms to meet behavioral challenges respectfully and effectively;
- Understand the roots of misbehavior in children;
- Empower children to be respectful, cooperative, and responsible members of the classroom community;
- Help children find a sense of belonging and significance in their classroom community;
- Effectively train assistants in classroom management;
- Develop school-wide practices that will help parents as well as teachers.
- November 21st
- November 28th
- December 5th
- December 12th
- December 19th
- January 9th
- January 23rd
- January 30th
Times – Class Meets at the Same Time Weekly
- 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. EST
- 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. CST
- 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. MST
- 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. PST
The class will be held via Zoom. Zoom link and materials will be available 1 week prior to the first class, and will be emailed to participants.
Participants will receive a copy of the book, Positive Discipline in the Montessori Classroom, by Jane Nelsen and Chip DeLorenzo, and a workbook for the class.
10% discount for groups of 3 or more.
Contact Chip directly for large group discounts for groups of 10 or more: firstname.lastname@example.org
Participants will receive a copy of the book, "Positive Discipline in the Montessori Classroom", by Jane Nelsen and Chip DeLorenzo, as well as a workbook. Participants who reside outside of the U.S. may receive a hard copy available for additional shipping costs.
Live attendance is required for course completion. If you are unable to attend a session, please contact Chip to make arrangements to make up the session.
The class is created for educators who work with children, ages 2.5 through adolescence. Toddler teachers often attend the course, but it should be noted that while all of the activities will be reflective of Montessori principles, some will not be applicable for Toddlers.