Deep Dive: The Elementary and Adolescent Class Meeting
July 18, 2023
7:00 pm GMT-0500
The Class Meeting is central and critical of Positive Discipline in the Montessori Classroom. It is the key to creating a democratic environment that develops mutual respect, cooperation, and responsibility.
Join us, as we take a deeper look at the Class Meeting process. During this 3-session workshop participants will work with other Montessori educators who are practicing Positive Discipline in the Montessori Classroom to:
- Run highly effective Class Meetings.
- Learn how to teach the Class Meeting process at the beginning of the year, and create “buy-in” from students.
- Discover how to directly teach needed social skills to students within the Class Meeting process, and create your own lessons.
- Create a pacing guide for teaching the Class Meeting process and social skills throughout the school year.
- Identify common problems that can occur during Class Meetings and how to overcome them, proactively.
- Learn how to use the Class Meeting process to resolve interpersonal conflict, and help students learn important leadership problem-solving skills by helping each other.
- Have time to ask and answer questions!
Cost: $195 per participant.
Where: Online via Zoom
When: 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 18
- Thursday, July 20
- Tuesday, July 25
Age Levels: Lower and Upper Elementary and Adolescence
Please feel to contact me with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org