- Learn research based and effective tools and techniques for teaching parents how to use discipline that is kind and firm at the same time (non-punitive, non-permissive)
- Learn how to facilitate a parent class from the position of a non-expert and gain practice with experiential exercises that help parents go beyond intellectual understanding to be able to respond in empowering ways that teach children.
- Learn how to use materials and activities in group settings, parenting classes and individual work with families.
- Apply the principles of Positive Discipline in a Montessori context and help families develop independence, self-regulation, cooperation and mutual respect within their children.
Classes will be held online via Zoom.
Class meeting times on Mondays:
7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. Eastern
6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Central
5:00 p.m. – 7:00 .pm. Mountain
4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Pacific
- June 7
- June 14
- June 21
- June 28
- July 12
- July 19
- July 26
- August 2
NO CLASS will be held on July 5 (Independence Day Observed)
- Positive Discipline Book
- Teaching Parenting Manual
- Parenting Tool Cards
Materials will be mailed to participants prior to the workshop. Participants who register less than a week prior to the first session of the workshop will receive their materials before the start of the second session. There is no required reading or assignments prior to the start of the first session.
To complete your registration, please fill out the short survey that will arrive via email after your purchase.
Workshop Registrations: A full refund (minus a $35 processing fee) will be given when the request for a refund is made up to 30 days prior to the first day of a workshop. Refunds are not available for cancellations less than 30 days before a workshop. However, paid registrants can transfer to another workshop within one year at no additional cost. Refunds are not available after a transfer is made or if you do not provide advanced notice that you will not be attending the workshop.
In the event of cancellation, participants will be notified by email.