Become a Certified Positive Discipline Parent Educator. Please join us for an upcoming online workshop, Teaching Parenting the Positive Discipline Way – for Montessori Educators.
The workshop will be held weekly, each Monday for eight weeks, from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. EST, April 25th through June 20th
This online workshop will allow participants to connect with other Montessori educators in an experiential setting and learn a time-tested approach to parenting that builds responsibility, independence, cooperation, and mutual respect. Participants will learn:
- How to help parents develop independence, cooperation, and a sense of capability in their children
- To implement research-based and effective tools and principles for teaching parents how to use discipline that is kind and firm at the same time (non-punitive, non-permissive)
- How to facilitate a parent class from the position of a non-expert and gain practice with experiential exercises that help parents go beyond intellectual understanding to be able to respond in empowering ways that teach children.
- How to use materials and activities in group settings, parenting classes, and individual work with families.
- To uncover the roots of misbehavior in children
- Help parents address chronic misbehavior
- Help children find a sense of belonging and significance in their families
- How to create a more consistent discipline approach between home and school.
About the facilitator: Chip has been in Montessori education for over 25 years in the capacity of teacher (3-6, 6-9, 9-12, and 12-14) and head of school. He is now a trainer and consultant, and co-author, with Jane Nelsen, of Positive Discipline in the Montessori Classroom. Chip is also the parent of four Montessori children. He and his wife, Kathy, live in Jefferson, Maine.