Positive Discipline in the Montessori Classroom Practitioner’s Class – Cincinnati 2021
October 25, 2021
Good Shepherd Montessori School
THIS EVENT HAS BEEN MOVED ONLINE
The Practitioner’s Class is based on the book, Positive Discipline in the Montessori Classroom, by Jane Nelsen and Chip DeLorenzo. The class is designed to help participants learn how to implement respectful, effective and time-tested methods of classroom management that reflect our deepest values as Montessori educators: mutual respect, cooperation, responsibility, empathy and independence.
During this experiential training, new and veteran educators and administrators will learn how to:
- Create a classroom community and social/emotional environment that will reduce misbehavior and foster normalization;
- Develop clear and consistent practices amongst the adults in their classrooms to meet behavioral challenges respectfully and effectively;
- Understand the roots of misbehavior in children;
- Empower children to be respectful, cooperative, and responsible members of the classroom community;
- Help children find a sense of belonging and significance in their classroom community;
- Effectively train assistants in classroom management;
- Develop school-wide practices that will help parents as well as teachers.
Chip DeLorenzo, M.Ed.
- October 25th
- November 1st
- November 8th
- November 15th
- November 22nd
- November 29th
- December 6th
- December 13th
Times – Class Meets at the Same Time Weekly
- 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. EST
- 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. CST
- 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. MST
- 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. PST
The class will be held via Zoom and we will use an online learning platform to access weekly class information and materials.
Participants will receive a copy of the book, “Positive Discipline in the Montessori Classroom”, by Jane Nelsen and Chip DeLorenzo, and a workbook for the class. Handouts will be available on the learning platform, and classes will be recorded.