Positive Discipline in the Montessori Classroom – Online Cohort 3 – India
February 15, 2022
Virtual Event via Zoom
We will be hosting this 8-week online Positive Discipline training on Tuesday afternoons, beginning February 15th.
The Practitioner’s Class is based on the book, Positive Discipline in the Montessori Classroom, by Jane Nelsen and Chip DeLorenzo. The class is designed to help participants learn how to implement respectful, effective and time-tested methods of classroom management that reflect our deepest values as Montessori educators: mutual respect, cooperation, responsibility, empathy and independence.
During this experiential training, new and veteran educators and administrators will learn how to:
- Create a classroom community and social/emotional environment that will reduce misbehavior and foster normalization;
- Develop clear and consistent practices amongst the adults in their classrooms to meet behavioral challenges respectfully and effectively;
- Understand the roots of misbehavior in children;
- Empower children to be respectful, cooperative, and responsible members of the classroom community;
- Help children find a sense of belonging and significance in their classroom community;
- Effectively train assistants in classroom management;
- Develop school-wide practices that will help parents as well as teachers.
- February 15th
- March 1st
- March 8th
- March 15th
- March 22nd
- March 29th
- April 5th
- April 12th
Times – Class Meets at the Same Time Weekly
2:30 p.m. IST
The class will be held via Zoom.
Participants will receive a workbook and handouts. Participants will also be provided with secure online access to the book, Positive Discipline in the Montessori Classroom, by Jane Nelsen and Chip DeLorenzo. Classes will be recorded for viewing, and available for 1 year after the course is complete. Click on this link to purchase a Kindle version of Positive Discipline in the Montessori Classroom.