Positive Discipline in the Montessori Classroom – Online Cohort 2 – North America
February 14, 2022
Virtual Event via Zoom
We will be hosting this 8-week online Positive Discipline training on Monday evenings, beginning February 14th.
The Practitioner’s Class is based on the book, Positive Discipline in the Montessori Classroom, by Jane Nelsen and Chip DeLorenzo. The class is designed to help participants learn how to implement respectful, effective and time-tested methods of classroom management that reflect our deepest values as Montessori educators: mutual respect, cooperation, responsibility, empathy and independence.
During this experiential training, new and veteran educators and administrators will learn how to:
- Create a classroom community and social/emotional environment that will reduce misbehavior and foster normalization;
- Develop clear and consistent practices amongst the adults in their classrooms to meet behavioral challenges respectfully and effectively;
- Understand the roots of misbehavior in children;
- Empower children to be respectful, cooperative, and responsible members of the classroom community;
- Help children find a sense of belonging and significance in their classroom community;
- Effectively train assistants in classroom management;
- Develop school-wide practices that will help parents as well as teachers.
Chip DeLorenzo and Jody Malterre
- February 14th
- February 28th
- March 7th
- March 14th
- March 21st
- March 28th
- April 4th
- April 11th
Times – Class Meets at the Same Time Weekly
- 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. EST
- 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. CST
- 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. MST
- 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. PST
The class will be held via Zoom. Zoom link and materials will be available 1 week prior to the first class, and will be emailed to participants.
Participants will receive a copy of the book, Positive Discipline in the Montessori Classroom, by Jane Nelsen and Chip DeLorenzo, and a workbook for the class. Classes will be recorded for later viewing or reviewing.