Deep Dive: The Primary (3-6) Class Meeting
August 22, 2023
The Class Meeting is a central part of Positive Discipline in the Montessori Classroom. It is the key to creating a democratic environment that develops mutual respect, cooperation, responsibility and leadership.
Join us, as we take a deeper look at the Class Meeting process in the Primary classroom. During this 2-session workshop participants will work with other Montessori early childhood educators who are practicing Positive Discipline in the Montessori Classroom to:
- Run highly effective Class Meetings for younger students.
- Learn how to effectively teach the Class Meeting process at the beginning of the year.
- Discover how to teach needed social skills and create your own lessons.
- Create a pacing guide for teaching the Class Meeting process and social skills throughout the school year.
- Develop leadership skills in older students.
- Identify common problems that can occur during Class Meetings and how to overcome them, proactively.
- Have time to ask and answer questions!
Cost: $130 per participant.
Where: Online via Zoom
When: 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 22
- Thursday, August 24
Age Group/Level: Primary (ages 3-6).
Please feel to contact me with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org